Posts tagged “Lakeview

Fort St. John est. 1701

The ruins of what was formerly Fort St. John (aka Spanish Fort, aka San Juan del Bayou, aka Fort St. Jean) along Bayou St. John in New Orleans, LA.

Lakeview, New Orleans, LA

Constructed by the French in 1701 to protect the trade route along Bayou St. John, reconstructed by the Spanish in 1763, decommissioned by the U.S. in 1823, converted to an amusement park in the 1880s, closed in the 1920s.

Order a print of this photograph.

Advertisements